Your experts for corrosion protection for over 40 years. For example, it is not necessary to oil or grease the metal before packing. Clean, dry metals attract the VCI through polarity (magnetism). A part of the VCI molecules is transferred to the metal and deposited on it. For effective attraction of the molecules, the distance between the VCI paper and the metal should not exceed 200-300 mm. When metal parts are removed from the VCI packaging, the VCI active ingredient evaporates without leaving any residue. Metal parts can be used immediately.
Never use VCI products without prior consultation!
Just call us and ask. We are happy to help... ”
ADVANTAGES VCI PAPER
a proven chemical corrosion protection
safe and easy to use
replacement for oil, grease...
RoHS- and TRGS-615-compatible
VCI Corrosion Protection
Effective protection for metallic products using active VCI vapour
How does it work? Details, tips and tricks...
OUR STRÖBEL TIPS
- Pack your clean, dry products as quickly as possible
- Parts must be clean and free from fingerprints before packing
- Always wear gloves when packing metal parts
- Pay attention to the distance between the VCI packaging and the metal. This should be a maximum of 30 cm depending on the application. For larger packaging units, other VCI products can also be used
- Rule of thumb: 1 m² VCI protects 1-3 m² metal surface or 1 m³ packaging space
- The duration of protection is influenced by the additional packaging material and climatic conditions during transport and storage
- The structure of the protective atmosphere depends on the ambient temperature and is reached after approx. 24 h at the latest
- VCI packaging forgives short-term opening for control purposes, the protective atmosphere regenerates from the active ingredient depot
- VCI-protected products can be used directly from the packaging, the VCI protective film evaporates within a short time without leaving any residue
- Storage of VCI products: always well packed (!) in a cool, dry place, protected from direct sunlight
- Never use different VCI active ingredients in one package! Unwanted chemical Interactions could occur.